PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. (WFLA) — Two suspects were arrested after the fatal shooting at a bar in Port Charlotte early Saturday morning.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office charged Kevens Laguerre with second degree murder and Kyrsha Taylor with being an accessory after the fact.
The shooting occurred at Over the Bridge, a bar on Kings Highway in Port Charlotte. Deputies said the shooting was an isolated incident.
The victim’s identification is protected under Marsy’s Law.
The sheriff’s office is still investigating the shooting.
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Finally tracking a cold front
- ‘Taco Tuesday’ Taco Bell plans to feed America this Tuesday
- Parents, neighbors surprise 8-year-old boy with non-traditional birthday celebration in St. Pete
- Pizzeria borrows to keep workers on job, spurs meal donations to medical workers, first responders
- Deputies: Tampa Bay church violates social distancing guidelines