LUMBERTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a 13-year-old suspect in a double homicide has escaped from a courthouse in eastern North Carolina.
The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday the teenager escaped from Juvenile Court around noon Tuesday. He was last seen in a white T-shirt and beige pants, wearing leg restraints without shoes. The boy is described as having brown eyes and brown hair, standing about 5 feet tall (1.5 meters) and weighing about 110 pounds (49 kilograms).
He and a 19-year-old codefendant, Derrick Deshawn Hunt, are charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the killings of two brothers found dead inside a home last month.
- K9 dies after falling down elevator shaft during search for burglary suspects
- Cosmetic Medical Spa in Tampa Bay Area
- Millions stick to Thanksgiving travel plans despite warnings
- Clemson’s Swinney: COVID-19 FSU ‘excuse to cancel game’
- Snowcat Ridge limits park hours after misestimation on ‘amount of snow production’ required