ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital is calling on volunteers to make face masks for doctors, nurses, and first responders during the coronavirus pandemic.
The hospital is also accepting face shields, goggles, gloves and gowns. It will not accept used or opened items.
The masks would be used in non-patient care settings. Sewers must use 100% cotton fabric with a pattern (not a solid color or blue and white) and follow the instructions below.
Donations will be collected on weekdays between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. at the hospital’s Central Energy Plant, located at 461 8th Avenue South (loading dock on the east side of the building) in St. Petersburg.
Those with questions can call 727-767-4446.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Lightning strikes Zephyrhills mobile home, family of five left homeless
- Halloween scheduled as NASA, SpaceX’s next crewed launch
- Officer charged in Breonna Taylor case pleads not guilty
- Worldwide death toll from coronavirus eclipses 1 million
- CDC issues guidelines for celebrating Thanksgiving during COVID-19 pandemic