MONROE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A Monroe County woman is charged with cruelty toward a child after investigators say she hit and stomped on an 8-year-old boy because he put dirty laundry in the dryer.
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office said it was notified about the case by the Department of Children and Families on April 21.
The boy told major crimes detectives that Marina Vega, age 27, hit him in the face and on the side. The boy said he was laying on the floor because it hurt and she stomped his stomach.
The boy told detectives she was wearing flip flops on her feet and he also said, “Thank you God not normal shoes, because it would have hurt more.”
After the investigation was completed a warrant was issued for Vega’s arrest. On Wednesday, she was booked into jail on child cruelty charges. Authorities say Vega lives in Big Coppitt Key.
She is being held without bond.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez fires back at former private investigator
- Sheriff: Ex-husband killed missing Florida mom, search for body underway
- VIDEO: Polk County driver almost plows into student getting on school bus
- Hillsborough fifth-grader investigated for alleged attempt to poison classmate
- VIDEO: 6-month-old Orlando baby goes waterskiing; parents say it’s a record
- Ford recalls 271K pickups to fix brake fluid leak
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines