CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – A man died after being hit by a backhoe at a construction site in Clearwater on Tuesday, police say.
The Clearwater Police Department says the incident happened just before 11 a.m. at the site of a new townhome development near the corner of Virginia Avenue and South Bayview Avenue.
Police say the worker, identified as 37-year-old Paul Russo, died after being hit by a backhoe.
Russo was from New Port Richey and was employed by Professional Site Development of Odessa, authorities say.
OSHA representatives responded to the scene to investigate.
- Trump: Mideast peace plan likely rolled out in days
- Bill would shield state lawmakers’ addresses from public record
- Florida lawmakers hoping to increase penalties for bear poaching
- Missing St. Petersburg Rottweiler reunited with owner after wild odyssey
- Has Tampa cracked down on illicit health spas as promised in 2018?