CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – A man died after being hit by a backhoe at a construction site in Clearwater on Tuesday, police say.
The Clearwater Police Department says the incident happened just before 11 a.m. at the site of a new townhome development near the corner of Virginia Avenue and South Bayview Avenue.
Police say the worker, identified as 37-year-old Paul Russo, died after being hit by a backhoe.
Russo was from New Port Richey and was employed by Professional Site Development of Odessa, authorities say.
OSHA representatives responded to the scene to investigate.
- Stamkos scores, leaves, Lightning beat Stars 5-2 in Game 3
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- Rays clinch AL East title following 8-5 win over Mets
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- 2 officers shot in Louisville amid Breonna Taylor protests