CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) — A 19-year-old Safety Harbor man admitted to drinking three-fourths of a bottle of liquor before causing a wrong-way crash in Clearwater early Saturday morning, the police department said.
The Clearwater Police Department arrested Conner Hall and charged him with a DUI after he slammed into another vehicle head-on on the Courtney Campbell Causeway.
Four vehicles were involved in the crash, but no major injuries were reported.
Hall failed multiple field sobriety tests on the scene, and admitted to drinking three-fourths of a fifth of a bottle of liquor, police said.
Hall was taken to the hospital to get checked out before going to the Pinellas County Jail.
- Hospitals overflowing with bodies in US epicenter of virus
- Coronavirus in Florida: 6,700 cases, 85 deaths
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Cooler, breezy and less humid; feels like spring
- Trump urges DeSantis to ‘do the right thing’ with cruise ship carrying sick passengers, Tampa retirees
- Hawaii police arrest visiting Tampa man for violating 14-day quarantine order