PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A 45-year-old man died in a crash on the Bayside Bridge in Pinellas County Saturday night.
Clearwater resident Joseph Ernie Poblete died after a crash that flipped his vehicle over on the Bayside Bridge. A 34-year-old woman was in the passenger seat and suffered serious injuries.
FHP says Poblete was driving in front of another vehicle and slowed down for an unknown reason. Poblete’s vehicle was struck from behind by the car following him, causing his SUV to rotate and overturn multiple times.
Poblete was transported to the hospital where he died from his injuries. He was wearing a seatbelt.
The driver in the other vehicle was not injured.
- Trump: Mideast peace plan likely rolled out in days
- Bill would shield state lawmakers’ addresses from public record
- Florida lawmakers hoping to increase penalties for bear poaching
- Missing St. Petersburg Rottweiler reunited with owner after wild odyssey
- Has Tampa cracked down on illicit health spas as promised in 2018?