TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Chris Brown was not in court Monday morning, as expected. His felony battery case was set for a new disposition hearing on August 27.
The singer is accused of sucker punching a photographer at a Tampa night club in 2017. He was arrested last year on battery charges.
Tampa police say the Grammy winner punched a photographer while at a paid event at Club Aja in Channelside.
That photographer tells News Channel 8 he was hit so hard, he hit a wall and busted his lip. He plans to sue.
It took months for the state attorney’s office to build a case and formally charge Brown.
Brown’s attorney told us that Brown is being wrongfully accused in the case.
- “I couldn’t be more happy”: McGlockton girlfriend speaks out after Drejka verdict
- Inconsistent Franks, No. 8 Florida rally to beat Miami 24-20
- Lyft offers $1,000 in free ride credits to Tampa nonprofit organization
- Married only minutes, Texas newlyweds killed in crash
- Hundreds of Pinellas Co. high school students earn free college credit