(CNN) – Chipotle workers are getting a temporary pay bump. The restaurant is giving employees what it calls “assistance pay.”
It boils down to a 10 percent increase to hourly pay earned between March 16 and April 12.
Chipotle is also expanding its emergency leave benefits to workers impacted by COVID-19.
These employees will receive pay equal to the greater of their average hours worked or whatever they’ve been scheduled to work for the upcoming two-week period.
Like most restaurants, Chipotle is serving food only as takeout or delivery.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- CNN anchor Chris Cuomo tests positive for coronavirus
- Lakeland to reopen some trails, amenities amid coronavirus pandemic
- Mellow Mushroom in Tampa forced to close permanently
- WATCH LIVE: Mayor Castor briefs city council on Tampa’s response to COVID-19
- Parents create at-home Disney vacation for kids