MICRONESIA (NBC) – Three castaways were rescued on Thursday after a U.S. Navy aircraft spotted the word “HELP” spelled out with palm leaves on the beach of a remote Pacific island.
The three unidentified men were reported missing by family members when they missed their flight on the Micronesian island of Chuuk. They were reportedly taking a skiff from one island to another when something happened.
Four ships combed the area where the skiff was last reported until a U.S. Navy plane arrived on scene to begin searching from above.
The three men and their “HELP” sign were spotted on Thursday, and taken to a nearby island.OTHER TOP CLICKED STORIES PEOPLE ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Contract worker allegedly hits family’s dogs with wrench
- Cops: Too much music, masturbation caused man to vandalize Largo home
- Mother to give her side of the story in crash that killed 3 teens
- Man accused of using home as a torture chamber
- Man dies after taking ‘super pill’ street drug
- Woman accused of offering sex for $3 to covert cop
- Man killed at Plant City gas station
- Naked man arrested for making threats while watering his lawn
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines