TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Tampa Police Department is currently investigating a shooting involving an 8-year-old and 17-year-old.
According to police, they responded to the Bank of America, located at 100 West Shore Blvd North, around 9:25 p.m. Saturday where an 8-year-old accidentally shot a 17-year-old in the eye with a BB gun.
The father of the 8-year-old and a 10-year-old, who was also present in the car, was at the ATM when the incident happened.
Police say while waiting for the father, the 8-year-old grabbed the gun in the car and the gun went off, shooting the 17-year-old.
The teenager was taken to Tampa General Hospital and is in critical condition.
According to police, the 17-year-old victim is a friend of the family and was sitting in the front passenger seat during the time of the incident. The 8-year-old and 10-year-old were in the backseat.
Please check back for the latest updates on this story.
- Kershaw, Dodgers take Game 1 over Rays
- Police investigating after 3 people shot in Tampa, 1 dead
- Tempers flare over mask mandate, parents say they don’t want kids ‘forced’ to cover-up in class
- Florida considers not releasing daily COVID-19 case numbers to the public
- All Americans get a free taco after stolen base in Game 1 of World Series