TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Tampa Police Department is currently investigating a shooting involving an 8-year-old and 17-year-old.
According to police, they responded to the Bank of America, located at 100 West Shore Blvd North, around 9:25 p.m. Saturday where an 8-year-old accidentally shot a 17-year-old in the eye with a BB gun.
The father of the 8-year-old and a 10-year-old, who was also present in the car, was at the ATM when the incident happened.
Police say while waiting for the father, the 8-year-old grabbed the gun in the car and the gun went off, shooting the 17-year-old.
The teenager was taken to Tampa General Hospital and is in critical condition.
According to police, the 17-year-old victim is a friend of the family and was sitting in the front passenger seat during the time of the incident. The 8-year-old and 10-year-old were in the backseat.
Please check back for the latest updates on this story.
- Dr. Fauci anticipates coronavirus outbreak in the fall
- HART to reduce bus service during coronavirus outbreak
- Trump administration rules gun shops ‘essential’ amid virus
- Stranded cruise ship hit by virus begs Florida to dock
- US nears China’s virus death toll as New York calls for help