TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – MacDill Air Force Base was temporarily placed on lockdown Friday morning while authorities investigated unfounded reports of an armed person nearby.
People on the base received an alert regarding the lockdown around 7 a.m. Friday. MacDill officials later said the lockdown had been lifted.
According to police in St. Petersburg, a 54-year-old man had reportedly armed himself with a gun and went to the apartment of his ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend on Gandy Boulevard, and vandalized their door and a vehicle. Police said they got word he may be near the base, but the man was found in Hernando County.
He is now in the custody of the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Polk County woman wins $1 million prize from gas station lottery ticket
- Lindsay Lohan’s mom Dina sentenced to 18 days in drunk driving case
- Biden, sounding hoarse, says he has cold
- 1 in 100 hospitalized with COVID-19 will suffer life-threatening brain complications, study finds
- Jon Bon Jovi surprises fans at New Port Richey restaurant during family visit