LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) — Three adults are dead and four children were removed from a home after an apparent murder-suicide in Lakeland Christmas Eve night.
The incident happened at a house on Atlanta Avenue near East Edgewood Drive.
The Lakeland Police Department got the 911 call around 5:30 p.m. Officers responded to the residence in just four minutes.
Capt. Cain said four children, all under 10 years old, were inside the home when they arrived and at the time of the incident. When officer’s arrived, the children were safely removed and transported to the police station, where they are in “safe hands.”
8 On Your Side spoke to relatives of the victims who say they are Racheal Ramsey and Christopher Pine. The Polk County Medical Examiners confirmed Ramsey and Pine, along with Leighton Josephs, will be autopsied Thursday.
Cain said so far there is no confirmation on the relationship between the three adults or the four children.
- SpaceX launches batch of Starlink satellites from Cape Canaveral
- 5 tons of cocaine seized in largest Costa Rica drug bust ever
- Denver mayor to veto legislation lifting the pit bull ban
- U.S. couple stuck on cruise ship after wife tests positive for coronavirus
- Citrus County couple back in U.S. after coronavirus outbreak on cruise ship