ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Hillsborough County woman is banned for life from Walt Disney World in Florida after she hit a taxi driver and then kicked a deputy at the resort.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office says in an arrest report that Ellen McMillion of Brandon, Florida, hit the taxi driver outside Disney’s Hollywood Studios last Thursday.
A Disney security guard and a deputy working a detail at the park intervened.
The taxi driver told deputies McMillion started hitting him after she asked him for a cigarette, and he told her he didn’t have one.
Deputies say McMillion was slurring her words, and they detected a strong odor of alcohol.
She was charged with battery on an officer and disorderly intoxication.
McMillion asked for a public defender, but she had no attorney Monday.
- Bucs Bonus: Despite Buccaneers win over Eagles, how will banged-up secondary prepare for Bears offense
- Teacher in jail after student allegedly picks marijuana edibles out of student prize box twice
- Halloween, Valentine’s Day canceled at Michigan schools
- Lucy in the sky: Spacecraft will visit record 8 asteroids
- What does La Nina mean for Tampa Bay’s fall and winter?