WICHITA, Kan. (AP) – Wichita police say a 2-year-old boy who had an octopus stuck in his throat is out of the hospital, and prosecutors are mulling whether charges are merited.
Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office spokesman Dan Dillon says police presented their case to prosecutors Friday. He says the case is “under consideration,” though it’s unclear how quickly prosecutors might decide the matter.
Police say the boy was taken to the hospital Tuesday night after the child’s 21-year-old mother returned home from work and found her boyfriend performing CPR on her son.
Police say doctors found and removed the dead octopus, which had a head about 2 inches in diameter, from the boy’s throat.
The Wichita Police Department’s Exploited and Missing Child Unit interviewed the mother’s boyfriend. He was identified by police arrest records as Matthew Gallagher.OTHER TOP CLICKED STORIES PEOPLE ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Contract worker allegedly hits family’s dogs with wrench
- Cops: Too much music, masturbation caused man to vandalize Largo home
- Mother to give her side of the story in crash that killed 3 teens
- Man accused of using home as a torture chamber
- Man dies after taking ‘super pill’ street drug
- Woman accused of offering sex for $3 to covert cop
- Man killed at Plant City gas station
- Naked man arrested for making threats while watering his lawn
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines