PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities have recovered a person’s remains after an SUV went off the Howard Frankland Bridge following a crash on Wednesday.
The Florida Highway Patrol said 53-year-old Hiran Reis Vaz was found near the bridge on Thursday.
Troopers said Vaz was in a white 2006 Saturn SUV, driving in a reckless manner in the southbound lanes of Interstate 275, and started tailgating another driver.
Both drivers had tried to pass each other. The two vehicles collided after the Saturn tried to pass the Ford F150 and the truck moved into its path, according to the FHP’s report.
Troopers said the SUV flipped multiple times before it traveled over a concrete barrier and fell into the water.
The vehicle was removed from the bay hours later.
Further information regarding Vaz was not immediately available.
Charges are pending, according to the report.
- Deputies seek tips in Brandon death investigation
- Eugene Goodman: Kamala Harris escorted to inauguration by hero Capitol police officer who diverted mob
- On Day One, Biden to undo Trump policies on climate, virus
- 8 things to know about America’s 1st second gentleman, Doug Emhoff
- Indian village cheers for Harris before swearing-in