SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – A man’s body was recovered from the waters near the Hyatt Regency hotel in Sarasota.
Police said a passing boater found the body of an adult black male in the water near 37 Sunset Drive.
It’s unclear if the man’s death involved foul play. A medical examiner will conduct an autopsy to determine his cause of death.
“Detectives are treating this as an unattended death investigation at this time. Detectives are also working with the Sarasota Police Department Victim Advocate to notify next of kin,” said Sarasota Police spokeswoman Genevieve Judge.
Further information was not immediately available.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Front slowly passing this weekend with breezy winds and a few storms
- Student forced to leave football game because of Black Lives Matter shirt
- $13B aid package to help Puerto Rico 3 years after Hurricane Maria took too long, Democrats say
- Trump says ‘every American’ should have coronavirus vaccine by April 2021