MECHANICSVILLE, Md. (AP) — Maryland authorities are investigating the discovery of two decapitated dogs.
The St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release Monday that the bodies of the black Labrador retrievers were found Sunday in a wooded area of Mechanicsville.
The sheriff’s office says animal control officers believe the dogs had been discarded within the previous two days.
No suspects were immediately identified. A reward of up to $1,000 is being offered for information leading to an arrest or indictment in the animal cruelty case.
- Highlands Co. firefighters rescue worker caught in underground sewer grinder
- ‘His corrupt friends all come first’: Tiger King reacts to not being pardoned by Trump
- Police investigating after 31-year-old man shot, killed in Palmetto
- Florida GOP lawmakers weary of Biden administration
- California deputy and K-9 killed in shootout following traffic stop