(WVIR) A federal judge will allow a jury to hear a New York woman’s multimillion-dollar lawsuit against a Virginia hotel over bed bugs allegations.
Janie McFarland checked-in to an Albemarle County Super 8 Motel on a visit to central Virginia with her church group from New York.
“It was our first night when I spent the night, so the entire time at the church service I was sick,” said McFarland, who is suing the motel owner.
That one night stay on September 13, 2014 left McFarland itching to leave.
“When I got up, I saw spots of blood on my pillow. So, they had been biting me on my neck and they were on my face,” said McFarland.
She says she discovered more than 40 bed bug bites all over her body.
Read more: http://bit.ly/23InJrZWHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Detectives investigating woman’s death after vehicle forced off road
- Bed bug lawsuit moves forward
- Recordings shed light in case of teens who died when stolen car plunged into pond
- Police say Pinellas road rage incident led to stabbing
- Florida officer fired after being caught up in prostitution sting
- ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ actress Doris Roberts dead at 90
- Dead man’s bedsores exposed bones, hadn’t been to doctor in 4 years
- Major changes coming to Walt Disney World for the summer
- Couple in Tampa engagement photo located, gets surprise photo session
- Rent Due: Florida landlord fatally shoots tenant over $550
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines