TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA)—Jill Biden brought her virtual back-to-school tour to Tampa on Wednesday.
The wife of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden chatted with educators at Pasco-Hernando State College about education in the age of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Biden kicked off her back-to-school tour with an event at an elementary school in North Carolina. She will be touring ten cities over the next two weeks.
An educator herself, Biden says teachers nationwide are in need of better leadership as schools prepare to reopen for in-person classes.
“You know, leadership worthy of our nation and worthy of all of you,” she said.
- Jill Biden thanks military spouses in Colorado for service
- Founder of Mother’s Day hated candy and greeting cards, preferred moms get a different gift entirely
- TSA screens 1.7 million travelers in a single day, highest number since beginning of pandemic
- Most aggressive dog breeds: Is your pooch on the list?
- Nebraska governor touts launch of state’s ‘Beef Passport’ program