The start of the school year begins soon and that means Florida’s Back to School Sales Tax Holiday is right around the corner!
The 3-day sale begins at 12:01 a.m. Friday, August 3, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, August 5, 2018.
The sales tax holiday is a budget-friendly option for families who are preparing for the upcoming school year.
During the sales tax holiday, no sales tax will be collected on purchases of:
• Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item
• Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item
This sales tax holiday does not apply to:
• Any item of clothing selling for more than $60;
• Any school supply item selling for more than $15;
• Books that are not otherwise exempt;
• Rentals or leases of any eligible items;
• Repairs or alterations of any eligible items; or
• Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.