ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. (AP) — Investigators say they’ve identified a 62-year-old woman as the person who died when a portable toilet exploded and burned to the ground with her inside.
St. Johns County Sheriff’s spokesman Chuck Mulligan said Tuesday that Denise Victoria McQuaig lived down the street from the portable toilet, which was outside of a home under construction. It exploded Saturday morning.
Mulligan says the cause of the explosion is still under investigation. He says the bomb squad x-rayed the melted plastic to see if anything was inside.
A neighbor called 911 Saturday morning after hearing a loud bang. The Florida Times-Union reports the portable toilet was in flames when firefighters arrived. Once they put out the fire, they found McQuaig’s body.
Mulligan says foul play isn’t suspected.
- National Vietnam War Veterans Day: How you can participate in virtual events to honor those who served.
- Coronavirus in Florida: Over 4,000 cases in state, no overnight deaths
- Dr. Fauci warns U.S. could see over 100,000 deaths
- Age is not the only risk for severe coronavirus disease
- Pelosi: Trump’s downplaying of coronavirus cost American lives