DELRAY BEACH, FL (WFLA) – At least 20 people got injured in a fire incident at the pep rally early Thursday morning in Delray Beach, WPTV reported citing local fire authorities.
The incident happened at the Florida Standards Assessments pep rally at the Atlantic Community High School, according to WPTV. A seasoned performed was showing the stunt with blowing fire when the incident occurred.
The performer got burns and was taken to a local hospital, according to WPTV. The officials haven’t released any information on how badly he was hurt.
A total of 20 people were treated after the incident, including students for breathing problems. Some needed to be taken to a hospital for further evaluation.
Delray Beach fire officials said that the school staff acted quickly to put out the fire. A student told WPTV that the teachers and the administrators did a good job keeping everybody calm and avoiding panic. The incident was captured on video and released on Twitter.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Scandalous details revealed about radio personality’s sex life during Hogan trial
- Frank Sinatra Jr., 72, dies in Daytona Beach
- Lakeland gator wears clothes and rides on back of motorcycle
- Report: Ex-Subway spokesman Fogle attacked in prison
- Sheriff: Girl, 14, in danger after father found slain, burned
- Man gets traffic ticket based on Facebook video
- 565 rodent droppings found at Tampa Bay area restaurant
- Secret pedophile symbols end up on children’s toys
- >>Back to homepage for the latest breaking news and headlines