TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A local non-profit hopes to bring a sense of security to kids as they are being pulled from their homes.
8 On Your Side’s Lila Gross is shining a light on Loving Our Kids 365.
Loving Our Kids 365 creates love cases for kids who are going into foster care. The bundles include a duffel bag, activity book, journal and stuffed animal.
Founder Christina Alexander was in the foster care system herself and says moving her stuff around in trash bags instead of a suitcase was traumatic.
Alexander now builds these kits with her husband to bring a little piece to those who are going through their most vulnerable time.
More information about the non-profit is available on its website.
- 30 years later…the original cast of The Real World is back!
- Healthy sweets from the “no-sugar baker”
- Teacher had to lock sub out of classroom after he attacked students in Polk County, police say
- Nikki Fried asks FBI to investigate Florida’s vaccine distribution
- Chipotle, e.l.f. team up to satisfy your hunger for beauty