TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A local non-profit hopes to bring a sense of security to kids as they are being pulled from their homes.
8 On Your Side’s Lila Gross is shining a light on Loving Our Kids 365.
Loving Our Kids 365 creates love cases for kids who are going into foster care. The bundles include a duffel bag, activity book, journal and stuffed animal.
Founder Christina Alexander was in the foster care system herself and says moving her stuff around in trash bags instead of a suitcase was traumatic.
Alexander now builds these kits with her husband to bring a little piece to those who are going through their most vulnerable time.
More information about the non-profit is available on its website.
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Police: Clearwater firefighter assaults woman after argument over politics, points gun at officer
- Execution rescheduled for only woman on federal death row after COVID-19 delay
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states over E. coli risk, FDA says
- Police: Man arrested for beating his dog after it chased after a squirrel in St. Pete