SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa Bay’s only in-person Thanksgiving run kicked off Thursday morning in Sarasota.
8 On Your Side’s Lila Gross takes us to the Florida Turkey Trot.
Fit2Run and Nathan Benderson Park came together for the annual 5K Turkey Trot to help local families kick off their Thanksgiving.
This race is part of many local families’ Thanksgiving tradition, with some adjustments this year to keep everyone safe.
Racers will run the “Floating Final Mile,” a floating concrete wave attenuator that keeps water calm for rowing and paddling events. It’s a little more than a mile long, and a one-of-a-kind way to end a Thanksgiving-morning run-walk.
Last year, there were more than 4,000 participants in-person, with music along the route and treats after the finish line.
Learn more about the Floirda Turkey Trot by visiting nathanbendersonpark.org.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Scattered downpours drift inland today
- Idled Thai taxis go green with mini-gardens on car roofs
- What to look for when your check engine light goes on
- North Port community in shock after FBI announces body found in Wyoming fits description of Gabby Petito
- Flower shortage hits businesses as wedding boom drives demand