TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Ahoy me mateys! A group of local high school theater students will take the stage to perform a completely original work of art.
“The Black Heart” is a play about pirates, love and the good ole’ state of Florida.
Over the summer of 2018, James Simpson, who is now a junior, wrote the “The Black Heart” and Matt Korloch wrote the lyrics.
Today, the play and originally composed music is now a full-blown musical.
The play is student-directed by senior Audrey Rey who has a small part in the production as well.
On Friday, Jan. 31 “The Black Heart” will come to life at Gaither High School for one night.
CLICK HERE to learn more about “The Black Heart” at Gaither High School.
- Florida unemployment network creates ‘social media meal train’ to feed those still struggling on Thanksgiving
- Tampa kid with 2 failing kidneys desperately in need of a donor
- Disney announces more layoffs as Polk County’s unemployment rate begins to rebound
- Madeira Beach family homeless on Thanksgiving after Tropical Storm Eta
- Polk County kids discover their soccer field was torn apart by apparent joy ride