SAFETY HARBOR, Fla. (WFLA)- A unique summer exhibition is bringing together women from all across the country to Tampa Bay.
The show is called “The Women of Summer Art, Glass and Jewelry” and features different kinds of mediums, such as clay, glass and paintings.
“There are 12 different artists here, all women this time. We just felt that we were going to celebrate the women and the colors this summer,” Show Curator Susan Benjamin said.
The exhibition is on display at Syd Entel Galleries/Susan Benjamin Glass in Safety Harbor from now until Aug. 28, 2021.
Syd Entel Galleries/Susan Benjamin Glass is open Tuesdays-Fridays from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
“It’s been just such a pleasure being in this business. It’s such a fun outlet for everyone to come in. when they walk in the door and to see their faces… wow! You’ll hear that expression, I’m just really proud to be here,” Benjamin said.
Artists included in the show are:
- Andrea Dasha Reich – multi dimensional abstracts, pure pigments, epoxy resin
- Margaret Juul – coastal abstracts, acrylics on canvas
- Lisa Schuster – oil on metal
- Goli Mahallati – figurative acrylics, pallete knife technique
- Star Mortezavi – textural acrylic abstracts
- Ash Almonte – mixed media w/resin
- Randi Solin – “Window Series” handblown glass
- Cat Labonte -whimsical handblown glass creatures
- Patty Roberts – glass kiln casting, Pate de Verre
- Estella Fransbergen – clay torso sculptures, fiber and semiprecious stones
- Tana Acton – wire wrapping in silver and gold with beads
- Abra Gorby – nuggets in resin with silver and gold wire
- Lilly Barrack – handmade sterling silver gemstones