ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. (WESH)— A 21-year-old man who authorities are calling a person of interest in the Pennsylvania slayings of a mother and her 10-year-old son has been arrested.
Jack Turner is a person of interest in the weekend homicides and is also wanted on theft and robbery charges.
Officials with the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office said late Tuesday that there were three confirmed sightings of Turner in the St. Augustine area.
Turner is known to have connections in St. Johns County, deputies said.
On Wednesday, authorities announced Turner was taken into custody by the United States Marshall Service and local authorities in Charleston, West Virginia.
Officials have not released further information into Turner’s arrest.
- Hearing wraps up for convicted cop killer who wants new trial
- VIDEO: Florida homeowner cleverly activates security camera to capture armed carjacking
- Tampa Bay Rays employee faces 39 counts of child pornography
- Mom said two fake child protective services agents tried to take her son
- Boy left in hot car Tuesday evening as punishment by father, police say