SANTA BARBARA, Calif. – Firefighters rescued a small dog who had been stuck in a drain pipe on the UC Santa Barbara campus for three days, officials said.
The Santa Barbara County Fire Department shared photos of their rescue of 2-year-old Sophie on Thursday.
The 10- to 15-pound dog had been missing for about a month from her home, which is about five minutes away, Capt. Daniel Bertucelli told KEYT in Santa Barbara.
How Sophie ended up in the 18-inch pipe remains a mystery, but the fire department said the dog was spotted in the area earlier in the week.
It took crews about 20 minutes to retrieve Sophie using a hose to coax her to the surface, according to fire officials.
- Pedestrian killed while crossing 54th Avenue North in Lealman
- US jobless claims rise to 778,000 as pandemic worsens
- City of Largo bringing holiday cheer with annual light display at park
- Biden to deliver Thanksgiving address amid steep rise in Covid cases
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different