MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WATE) – A snake will be put on display for educational purposes after it was run over by a truck in West Tennessee.
The copperhead in Hardeman County was 49-inches long, which is just three inches shy of a world record for that species.
Officials say people should not be concerned about going into the woods, but they should be careful.
The snake has been donated to the TWRA.
Keep in mind, it’s against the law to intentionally kill venomous snakes in Tennessee.
- Dr. Fauci anticipates coronavirus outbreak in the fall
- HART to reduce bus service during coronavirus outbreak
- Trump administration rules gun shops ‘essential’ amid virus
- Stranded cruise ship hit by virus begs Florida to dock
- US nears China’s virus death toll as New York calls for help