TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Marnie the dog, the Internet-famous Shih Tzu known for her lopsided and dangling tongue has died, her owner said on social media Saturday.
“Her comfort had been notably declining over the past few days with little hope for improvement and she let me know she had had enough,” Marnie’s owner, Shirley Braha, wrote on Instagram. “Thank you for joining me on an unexpected journey with the ultimate love of my life.”
Marnie quickly rose to fame after being adopted at age 11 and publishing a book with her owner in 2015. The dog amassed nearly 2 million followers on Instagram alone.
Braha said a number of people reached out to her through the years, saying Marnie had inspired them to adopt senior dogs.
Braha said Marnie will be buried in a pet cemetery in Los Angeles.
- Who is the real Ghislaine Maxwell: Epstein enabler or pawn?
- WHO criticizes travel bans on southern African countries
- 2 motorcycles collide in Pasco County, killing 1, seriously injuring another
- For cop who shot Daunte Wright, will ‘wrong gun’ plea work?
- Florida hires La-Lafayette coach Napier to replace Mullen