(CNN) – They may be cute and fluffy to some, but the creator of Labradoodles says this animal is his biggest regret.
Wally Conron first bred a labrador and a poodle in 1989 to help a man who was allergic to dogs.
But he says a trend for designer dogs began after that, and he may have opened Pandora’s box and released “Frankenstein’s monster.”
Conron says people have gone too far with cross-breeding and they don’t think about the consequences.
Labradoodles are said to develop health problems like eye disease and hip problems.
- Florida coronavirus: Percent positivity below 10% for second straight day
- Fatal St. Pete house fire was a murder-suicide, police say
- Newsfeed Now: Tracking Isaias; Stimulus negotiations continue
- U.S. Marines ID all 9 service members killed in sea-tank sinking
- Missing teen found alive after 9 days in woods