BLADEN COUNTY, N.C. (WFLA) – An Amber Alert was issued late Monday night for a baby who was reportedly abducted from a day care in North Carolina.
The Bladen County Sheriff’s Office said Lonnisha Renee Askew was taken by her mother, 22-year-old Juanita Renee Askew of Whiteville, from a day care near Bladenboro. The name of the facility was not disclosed.
Askew has violent tendencies and is considered dangerous, according to deputies. She is not allowed unsupervised visits with her daughter, who had been placed in a foster home in Bladen County.
Authorities said Askew fled the day care in a two-door sedan with 30-day tags. The car was dark green, dark gray or black.
Lonnisha was last seen wearing a green and pink onesie with circle designs. She has a surgical scar on her abdomen and needs special foods and care due to a birth defect.
Those with information on their whereabouts should call the Bladen County Sheriff’s Office at 910-862-6960.
- PHOTOS: Modern ‘Hobbit hole’ hits the market far from Middle Earth
- One of Great Wallendas passes away, family says
- Steak ‘n Shake replaces table service with self-serve kiosks
- Doctor creates balloon art for emergency room patients, colleagues
- Spring break canceled across the country for thousands of college students