BLADEN COUNTY, N.C. (WFLA) – An Amber Alert was issued late Monday night for a baby who was reportedly abducted from a day care in North Carolina.
The Bladen County Sheriff’s Office said Lonnisha Renee Askew was taken by her mother, 22-year-old Juanita Renee Askew of Whiteville, from a day care near Bladenboro. The name of the facility was not disclosed.
Askew has violent tendencies and is considered dangerous, according to deputies. She is not allowed unsupervised visits with her daughter, who had been placed in a foster home in Bladen County.
Authorities said Askew fled the day care in a two-door sedan with 30-day tags. The car was dark green, dark gray or black.
Lonnisha was last seen wearing a green and pink onesie with circle designs. She has a surgical scar on her abdomen and needs special foods and care due to a birth defect.
Those with information on their whereabouts should call the Bladen County Sheriff’s Office at 910-862-6960.
- “I couldn’t be more happy”: McGlockton girlfriend speaks out after Drejka verdict
- Inconsistent Franks, No. 8 Florida rally to beat Miami 24-20
- Lyft offers $1,000 in free ride credits to Tampa nonprofit organization
- Married only minutes, Texas newlyweds killed in crash
- Hundreds of Pinellas Co. high school students earn free college credit