RUSKIN, FL (WFLA) – The electronic commerce company Amazon plans to hold a grand opening Wednesday morning to showcase its state-of-the-art facility in Ruskin.
The massive warehouse opened in 2014. Roughly 2,000 people are employed there and the company tells News Channel 8 it intends to add more jobs.
Company officials will join state and local leaders, including Gov. Rick Scott, at a mid-morning announcement. News crews will also get a tour of the facility.
The company also owns and operates a fulfillment center in Lakeland that opened in late 2015.
The two facilities, which are the only Amazon fulfillment centers in Florida, will employ 3,000 workers once all is said and done.
Packages ordered by Bay area residents are delivered quickly because of the close proximity of the fulfillment centers — sometimes on the same day.
Amazon cites its revenue at $107 billion.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Oklahoma family finds dead mouse in can of green beans
- Boy 16, charged with leaving scene of fiery I-75 crash
- Nurse surrenders license over photo of patient’s genitals
- Polk woman arrested on meth charge after toddler wearing dirty diaper found in road
- Girl, 12, pregnant after man sexually assaults her
- 2 dead, venomous snakes found in package at post office
- Kitten Cuddlers needed in Miami
- Alligator kills 85lb. family dog on Hilton Head Island
- CA substitute teacher meltdown caught on video
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines