HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. (AP) – A family on Hilton Head Island says that an alligator in a neighborhood lagoon killed their 85-pound husky.
The Island Packet reports that Ron and Beth Ann Julseth believe their dog was drinking from the lagoon and was dragged in by the alligator.
Ron Julseth said the dog’s body was pulled from the lagoon after the attack that apparently happened in the early morning hours of March 16 after the dog accidentally got loose. He said teeth marks made it appear the dog was grabbed by the head and pulled under.
The Julseths said an alligator was nudging their dog’s body in the lagoon when Critter Management went to retrieve the dog’s body.
The newspaper reports that Critter Management was planning to remove the alligator but was waiting for a removal tag.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Suspects killed in shooting with TPD officer identified
- Cops: Teen dies after shooting Lakeland security guard in face with pellet gun
- Roaches close 2 Tampa Bay area restaurants
- CA substitute teacher meltdown caught on video
- Woman accused of having sex with a Dachshund
- Police: Upon finding Taco Bell closed, angry man smashes car
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines