ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — Deputies say a man opened fire at customers inside a grocery store Thursday afternoon. Deputies confronted the active shooter and shot him.
The active-shooter situation unfolded at Grocery Advantage on Lillian Highway. Deputies say the man was acting erratically and showed a gun with deputies approached him at the rear of the store.
The suspect was taken to a hospital. No deputies or civilians were injured.
FDLE will lead the investigation into the shooting.
Sheriff David Morgan released the following statement on Facebook:
“As the Sheriff, I know I speak not only for the Sheriff’s Office but all citizens of Escambia County, in thanking the fine men and women of the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office for their professionalism and courage which is displayed every day but especially today in stopping this suspect.”Sheriff David Morgan
- Ash-covered St. Vincent braces for more volcanic eruptions
- Meadows, Arozarena homer, AL champ Rays beat Yankees 4-0
- From gift cards to cash: these fitness apps pay you to get in shape
- Charles: Royal family ‘deeply grateful’ for world’s support
- What a car’s ‘black box’ records and how to check if your vehicle has one