TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Police announced the arrest of nine members of a “violent” Tampa street gang Tuesday afternoon.
The Tampa Police Department said nine men associated with the ‘200 Skudda Gang’, were arrested early Tuesday morning after a two-year investigation.
Detectives reportedly uncovered acts of homicide, credit card fraud, racketeering, witness intimidation, drug sales, and identity theft in Tampa and across the United States.
An investigation into the death of a 17-year-old girl on Busch Boulevard in 2017 sparked the pursuit of the gang, the police department said.
Police arrested Rolando “Baba” Brown, Kendric “Kamboo” Brown, Aljawane “Funk” Green, “D’Andre “D-Slugga” Mattear, Cortez D’mond Butler, Xavier “Skudda Zay” Marshall, Leroy “Dada” Johnson, Josh “Gator” Washington, and Joshua “Suga” Green.
Officials said the gang operated within the City of Tampa and Hillsborough County and has committed fraud throughout the United States, affecting “hundreds of victims.”
- Registered sex offender accused of raping Florida woman after fake job interview, police say
- Security video captures jail inmate’s fall through ceiling during escape attempt
- Thousands turn out for first day of Gasparilla Distance Classic
- Treat yourself! It’s National Margarita Day
- Social media companies battling misinformation ahead of 2020 election