WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. (WFLA) – For 16 months, Melissa Rowlett of Wesley Chapel has waited and waited.
Forced to retire from the VA in March 2018 due to a severe medical condition that eventually caused doctors to amputate her leg, Melissa had not received her first check from the Office of Personnel Management.
“I don’t have my car anymore, I don’t have a home anymore, I have my bed and my TV, and that’s about it,” Melissa explained.
Melissa contacted 8 On Your Side last week.
Steve Andrews made Congressman Gus Bilirakis aware of the problem, then contacted the Office of Personnel Management.
As this week began unfolding,Melissa got a more than pleasant surprise from Uncle Sam.
Steve Andrews has details tonight at 6 on News Channel 8.
- Climate change protestors disrupt D.C. morning commute
- Two bodies found near vehicle connected to California Amber Alert
- Plane makes hard landing in Hillsborough County, officials on scene
- Former Tampa Bay teacher becoming YouTube sensation with viral car review videos
- Florida routs Tennessee 34-3, extends series dominance