DUNEDIN, Fla. (WFLA) – A 79-year-old woman has life-threatening injuries after deputies say she was hit by an SUV in Dunedin on Friday night.
The crash happened just before 7 p.m. near the intersection of San Christopher Drive and County Road 1.
According to deputies, the 79-year-old was crossing San Christopher Drive, pulling a metal cart with groceries. The SUV, being driven by a 37-year-old, hit the woman on her right side.
The sheriff’s office says she was not in a designated crosswalk at the time.
Investigators say it does not appear speed or impairment are factors in the crash.
LATEST PINELLAS COUNTY NEWS:
- St. Petersburg man devastated his beloved beagle may be stolen
- Dozens of Tampa Bay homeowners claim an east coast solar company left them in dark
- Largo man accused of killing mom, stepsister with a machete during argument about money
- Winter-like chill prompts cold shelters to open across Tampa Bay
- St. Pete police, ATF searching for ‘dangerous’ fugitive involved in 2 murders