FLORIDA (WFLA) – Dozens of abused alligators were rescued in central Florida on Tuesday.
The Wildlife, Inc. Education and Rehabilitation Center helped seize 50 gators that were being abused and neglected at a small, private alligator farm.
The alligators are now being moved to a large alligator farm where they will recover and eventually be introduced to large breeding ponds.
Officials with Wildlife, Inc. believe the farm is now having its license removed.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Chipotle investigating data breach
- Prosecutor: Couple laughed as they fatally shot service dog
- Sarasota Co. dance instructor facing new charges for relationship with student
- Cops: Lakeland man violated burn ban, threatened to put bullet in Sheriff Judd’s head
- Woman arrested after leaving infant in hot car outside Hillsborough courthouse
- Dash cam captures fiery crash, rescue of Fla. man known as ‘Gold Teeth’
- You Paid For It: Scientology trying to kill $26 million Clearwater aquarium funding after land sale dispute
- Nordstrom sells ‘dirty’ jeans, with fake mud for $425