SUMTER, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina woman was found dead in her apartment and police say her 5-year-old daughter is missing.
News outlets report Nevada Lashy Adams has been missing since Monday evening after a relative discovered her mother’s body. Nevada is described as a 4-foot-3, 50-pound girl with braided black hair and colored beads.
Sumter Police say they haven’t determined how 29-year-old Sharee Bradley died. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.
A news release from police says 28-year-old Daunte Maurice Johnson was arrested after he was seen running away from the residence. Police say they aren’t certain what role Johnson’s played in Nevada’s disappearance, if any.
No charges have been released and it’s unclear whether Johnson has an attorney.
- Despite pleas from health officials, AAA expects 50 million to travel this Thanksgiving
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- CDC estimates only 1/8th of infections caught
- New emergency order from DOE not coming before Thanksgiving
- 40-foot tall leg lamp from ‘A Christmas Story’ stands in Oklahoma in ‘indescribably beautiful’ glory