FLORIDA CITY, Fla. (AP) – A dog severely injured a 3-year-old South Florida girl in an attack as she walked to the store with her father.
Florida City police say the girl and her father were headed to buy milk Friday when the mastiff mix suddenly attacked the girl. The father said it took him five minutes to pull the dog off his daughter.
The Miami Herald reports that the girl was in stable condition Saturday at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital after surgery.
Police say the dog had crawled under a fence. Animal control officers cited the owner. A criminal investigation is underway.
The dog is being held and will likely be euthanized.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- WATCH: Animal park awaits birth of baby giraffe
- Lake Gibson Middle School asst. principal killed in apparent double-murder, suicide in Brandon
- Nurse accused of stealing boy’s medicine, his death ruled a homicide
- Jameis Winston to elementary school: Ladies ‘supposed to be silent,’ boys ‘strong’
- Tampa Bay popular in ‘sugar baby’ world, but is the fast cash scarring?
- 4 arrested after death of 9-year-old Indiana boy weighing only 15 pounds