HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Pinellas Park woman died overnight after she was struck by a semi-truck on U.S. Highway 301, the Florida Highway Patrol said.
The incident occurred at about 11 p.m. Wednesday in the southbound lanes of the highway, just north of Interstate 4.
According to the FHP, a Freightliner Cascadia was heading south in the outside lane of the highway as the 20-year-old was walking northbound in the same lane.
The driver didn’t notice the woman at first, but tried to avoid a collision once he saw her, the report states. He ended up hitting the woman who sustained serious injuries.
The unidentified woman was taken to Tampa General Hospital, where she later died.
Charges are pending, according to the report.
- 16 new fair foods to look forward to at the 2020 Florida State Fair
- Pirate ship-themed cruise set to make maiden voyage during Gasparilla
- Man cited for using fake skeleton to drive in HOV lane
- Florida man fined $2000 for killing endangered smalltooth sawfish
- Arizona bill would ban transgender girls, women from teams