Two staff members and two inmates at a Georgia prison were hurt during a disturbance that forced the facility into a lockdown, the state Department of Corrections said.
The injuries were not considered to be life threatening, and the incident that began just before 11 p.m. at Ware State Prison in Waycross was under control, department officials said in a statement early Sunday. The department didn’t say how the workers and inmates were injured.
Georgia State Patrol, the Ware County Sheriff’s Office and Waycross Police Department confirmed their agencies responded to an incident at the prison, but could not confirm any further details.
- Leigh’s runcast: Humidity makes it harder for your body to cool down during exercise
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Typical August weather this week
- Stars, Golden Knights players kneel during American and Canadian national anthems
- Woman says 4-foot snake ‘slithered up’ from toilet in Colorado apartment
- Driver suffers life-threatening injures in crash with HART bus, police say