HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Two men were arrested in connection with a savage attack on a Ybor City restaurant worker.
Javarez Thomas, 23, and Hector Rivera-Reyes, 23, both of Tampa, were charged with robbery and felony battery this week after police say they beat and robbed Dustin Rowe, 24, and left him unconscious in an alley behind Stone Soup Company on August 13.
Surveillance video shows a man, later identified as Thomas, approach Lowe and punch him in the head repeatedly. Rivera-Reyes was not shown in the video.
Once Lowe was lying on the ground, his attackers took his coworker’s wallet, which was in Lowe’s possession.
Lowe was taken to the hospital after suffering a fractured skull and nose, deep injuries to his inner ear and a brain hemorrhage. His current condition is unknown, but police classified his injuries as serious and non-life threatening.
It’s unclear how the two suspects were identified, but Rivera-Reyes was arrested on Monday and Thomas turned himself in at the Orient Road Jail on Friday.
Deputies say two other men participated in the robbery, but they have not been arrested.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Better Call Behnken: Kids may be forced to find new schools if Hillsborough charter school doesn’t open by Friday
- Texas prepares as Harvey strengthens to a category 2 storm
- How early is too early to mow your lawn on the weekend?
- Puppy found stuffed inside backpack, left in bed of random truck in Tampa
- Largo Police: Hudson man traveled to have sex, rape young girl