2 injured in small explosion at Raymond James Stadium

News

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Two people are in the hospital after a small explosion at Raymond James Stadium.

Stephen Hegarty, a spokesman for the Tampa Police Department, says two men were working in a vending area at the stadium when the explosion happened. One man was working on a cooler at the time and the other was working on a gas line. According to Hegarty, the explosion was caused by a spark that ignited.

The two men, Shane Bors, 29, and Charles Knowles, 62, were taken to Tampa General Hospital as trauma alerts. Police say their injuries are not life-threatening.

Police say the flash gas explosion caused the sprinklers in that area of the stadium to go off. The explosion caused an estimated $5,000 worth of damage.

Investigators determined the explosion was accidental.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Videos

More Video

Trending Stories

get the app

News App

Weather App

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss