TAMPA (WFLA) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis addressed the state’s preparations as everyone in Florida continues to monitor Hurricane Dorian’s path.
DeSantis pleaded with residents in evacuation zones to leave their homes.
“If you’re ordered to evacuate, you need to do so.”
DeSantis said President Donald Trump and FEMA are “fully engaged” in providing Florida with any resources needed.
The state set up a website that covers vital emergency information the public will need monitoring Hurricane Dorian like available shelters, evacuation orders, and toll road suspensions.
DeSantis told reporters Florida Power & Light has over 17,000 employees ready to dispatch to power outages once the storm hits.
- Emergency room doctor sleeping in RV to keep his family healthy
- Toddler killed, 2 children injured in Polk County crash
- San Diego County to issue $1,000 fines to people ignoring COVID-19 restrictions
- How to make a homemade face mask, with or without sewing
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19