TAMPA (WFLA) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis addressed the state’s preparations as everyone in Florida continues to monitor Hurricane Dorian’s path.
DeSantis pleaded with residents in evacuation zones to leave their homes.
“If you’re ordered to evacuate, you need to do so.”
DeSantis said President Donald Trump and FEMA are “fully engaged” in providing Florida with any resources needed.
The state set up a website that covers vital emergency information the public will need monitoring Hurricane Dorian like available shelters, evacuation orders, and toll road suspensions.
DeSantis told reporters Florida Power & Light has over 17,000 employees ready to dispatch to power outages once the storm hits.
- U.S. mayors say their cities need money, infrastructure at meeting with Pres. Trump
- WATCH: Gasparilla Invasion & Parade of Pirates
- Law enforcement runs tight ship to keep 2020 Gasparilla safe
- Tapeworm removed from Austin man’s brain after months of headaches
- Illinois law caps insulin patient costs at $100 monthly