TAMPA (WFLA) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis addressed the state’s preparations as everyone in Florida continues to monitor Hurricane Dorian’s path.
DeSantis pleaded with residents in evacuation zones to leave their homes.
“If you’re ordered to evacuate, you need to do so.”
DeSantis said President Donald Trump and FEMA are “fully engaged” in providing Florida with any resources needed.
The state set up a website that covers vital emergency information the public will need monitoring Hurricane Dorian like available shelters, evacuation orders, and toll road suspensions.
DeSantis told reporters Florida Power & Light has over 17,000 employees ready to dispatch to power outages once the storm hits.
- ‘Choose Topeka’; Kansas town will pay you up to $15,000 just to move there
- Osprey teen with cystic fibrosis gets surprise of a lifetime
- Thousands of ‘penis fish’ wash onto Bay Area beach
- Wave Watch: Drier air arrives behind cold front and storms Saturday afternoon
- Dream Job? Queen Elizabeth is hiring a social media guru to work at Buckingham Palace