HERNANDO, CO., Fla. (WFLA) — A 16-year-old pedestrian was hit and killed while walking along a street in Hernando County early Friday morning.
The Florida Highway Patrol said Brooksville resident Trevor Bowen was walking along the east side of California Street around 6:50 a.m. when he was struck by the front of a van.
Bowen died at the scene.
FHP says the driver of the van was a 64-year-old Brooksville man.
If you witnessed the crash, you’re urged to contact FHP at 813-558-1800.
- VIDEO: Hurricane Hunters capture stunning images inside Tropical Storm Nestor
- WATCH: Coach disarms school gunman with a hug
- Kathleen Middle School cancels classes to repair storm damage
- Dogs rescued from locked storage unit doing well at Hernando County Animal Services
- Nestor becomes post-tropical, conditions improving for Tampa Bay