HERNANDO, CO., Fla. (WFLA) — A 16-year-old pedestrian was hit and killed while walking along a street in Hernando County early Friday morning.
The Florida Highway Patrol said Brooksville resident Trevor Bowen was walking along the east side of California Street around 6:50 a.m. when he was struck by the front of a van.
Bowen died at the scene.
FHP says the driver of the van was a 64-year-old Brooksville man.
If you witnessed the crash, you’re urged to contact FHP at 813-558-1800.
- Weather Break: How to bend a stream of water
- Schakolad Chocolate Factory makes Easter baskets for nurses’ kids
- ‘Houston, we’ve had a problem’: Remembering Apollo 13 at 50
- NBA says players will receive full checks on April 15
- “Drive-by” donation drives encourage giving from a distance