ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – Authorities in Orlando say a 12-year-old boy has drowned at a luxury resort.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office says deputies responded to a near-drowning call Tuesday at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress luxury resort where the 12-year-old boy had been pulled from a swimming pool.
Witnesses were attempting to revive him.
The boy was taken to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The sheriff’s office says in a statement the boy was staying at the resort with his family from Maryland.
Detectives are conducting a death investigation, and the sheriff’s office says there are no other details.STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Facebook video killing suspect Steve Stephens shoots himself to death
- Brandon day care worker arrested on 22 child porn charges
- Hudson mother claims SRO sent inappropriate messages to daughter
- Giraffe cam with April, baby to end
- Polk Co. woman arrested after posting Facebook live video
- Man accused of assaulting neighbor with stick in Hernando County
- Police: Singer Chris Brown punched photographer at Tampa club
- 14-year-old driver charged, 7 injured in crash on I-4 in Hillsborough
- Zoo shares new photo of April the giraffe’s healthy baby boy