LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) — One woman is dead and another is injured after a shooting in Lakeland Thursday afternoon.
Police said the shooting occurred around 1 p.m. near the corner of Memorial Boulevard and Jewel Avenue.
The one woman who survived the shooting was transported to the Lakeland Regional Medical Center. One person was taken in for questioning.
According to Lakeland police spokesperson Robbin Tillett, this was not a random shooting.
Lakeland Police Department said they believe they have everyone involved in the incident accounted for and there is no danger to the public.
- Trump: Mideast peace plan likely rolled out in days
- Bill would shield state lawmakers’ addresses from public record
- Florida lawmakers hoping to increase penalties for bear poaching
- Missing St. Petersburg Rottweiler reunited with owner after wild odyssey
- Has Tampa cracked down on illicit health spas as promised in 2018?